A type of lawsuit brought by a group of individuals that have similar complaints or injuries focused on a company, product, or service.
The primary benefit of a class action lawsuit is that one lawsuit is filed on behalf of potentially thousands of individuals, especially in cases where it may be impractical for individuals to litigate on an individual basis. The process is more efficient, and a judge decides for the entire group as a whole.
Specific Types of Class Action Lawsuits:
- Employment: Unpaid wages or overtime, workplace discrimination, hazardous working conditions, and unethical business practices.
- Financial: Securities Fraud, pensions and benefits matters, and stockholder disputes.
- Commercial: Deceitful sales methods, statutory violations, and warranty violations.
- Consumer: Insurance, banking, telephone, loans, and utilities.
- Manufactured Good: Prescriptions, healthcare equipment/products, electronics, motor vehicle parts, strollers, and cribs.
We have decades of complex litigation and trial experience and are regularly appointed as lead counsel in federal and state courts around the country.
We consistently litigate class actions and obtain favorable results.
If you or your business have been wronged by another and believe that the issue is widespread, or if you are an attorney in need of assistance on class certification, please give us a call today to learn how we can help.